Jokes2Go.com > Humor Lists >
You Might Be A Computer Nerd If...
1. If you introduce your wife as "email@example.com"
2. If your spouse sends you an e-mail instead of calling you to dinner
3. If you can quote scenes from any Monty Python movie
4. If you want an 8X CDROM for Christmas
5. If Dilbert is your hero
6. If you stare at an orange juice container because it says CONCENTRATE
7. If you can name 6 Star Trek episodes
8. If the only jokes you receive are through e-mail
9. If your wrist watch has more computing power than a 486DX-50
10. If your idea of good interpersonal communication means getting the
decimal point in the right place
11. If you look forward to Christmas only to put together the kids' toys
12. If you use a CAD package to design your son's Pine Wood Derby car
13. If you have used coat hangers and duct tape for something other
than hanging coats and taping ducts
14. If, at Christmas, it goes without saying that you will be the one
to find the burnt-out bulb in the string
15. If you window shop at Radio Shack
16. If your ideal evening consists of fast-forwarding through the
latest sci-fi movie looking for technical inaccuracies
17. If you have "Dilbert" comics di.splayed anywhere in your work area
18. If you carry on a one-hour debate over the expected results of a
test that actually takes five minutes to run
19. If you are convinced you can build a phaser out of your garage door
opener and your camera's flash attachment
20. If you don't even know where the cover to your personal computer is
21. If you have modified your can-opener to be microprocessor driven
22. If you know the direction the water swirls when you flush
23. If you own "Official Star Trek" anything
24. If you have ever taken the back off your TV just to see what's inside
25. If a team of you and your co-workers have set out to modify the
antenna on the radio in your work area for better reception
26. If you have ever purchased an electronic appliance "as-is"
27. If you see a good design and still have to change it
28. If the salespeople at Circuit City can't answer any of your questions
29. If you still own a slide rule and you know how to work it
30. If the thought that a CD could refer to finance or music never
enters your mind
The list continues below
31. If you own a set of itty-bitty screw drivers, but you don't
remember where they are
32. If you rotate your screen savers more frequently than your automobile tires
33. If you have a functioning home copier machine, but every toaster
you own turns bread into charcoal
34. If you have more toys than your kids
35. If you need a checklist to turn on the TV
36. If you have introduced your kids by the wrong name
37. If you have a habit of destroying things in order to see how they work
38. If your I.Q. number is bigger than your weight
39. If you can remember 7 computer passwords but not your anniversary
40. If you have memorized the program schedule for the Discovery
channel and have seen most of the shows already
41. If you have ever owned a calculator with no equal key and know
what RPN stands for
42. If your father sat 2 inches in front of your family's first color
TV with a magnifying lens to see how they made the colors, and you
grew up thinking that was normal
43. If you know how to take the cover off of your computer, and what
size screw driver to use
44. If you can type 70 words a minute but can't read your own handwriting
45. If people groan at the party when you pick out the music
46. If you can't remember where you parked your car for the 3rd time this week
47. If your checkbook always balances
48. If your wristwatch has more buttons than a telephone
49. If you have more friends on the Internet than in real life
50. If you thought the real heroes of "Apollo 13" were the mission controllers
51. If you think that when pe.ople around you yawn, it's because they
didn't get enough sleep
52. If you spend more on your home computer than your car
53. If you know what http:/ stands for
54. If you've ever tried to repair a $5.00 radio
55. If you have a neatly sorted collection of old bolts and nuts in your garage
56. If your three year old son asks why the sky is blue and you try to
explain atmospheric absorption theory
57. When your friend tells you all about his Cressida V6 and you
reply "Yeah, I had V5, and it was full of bugs!"
58. When driving you see a license plate with the letters DSR, and
you feel compelled to touch your bumper to the other car to see
if you can raise CD.
59. When you are counting objects "0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D...".
60. When you lay down in the afternoon for a short rest, end up
sleeping 4 hours, and call it a "mega-nap".
61. When your friend is going to Essex for vacation and you tell her,
"You really should go for the DX, it has the built in co-processor."
62. When you dream in 256 pallettes of 256 colors.
63. When asked about a bus schedule, you wonder if it is 16 or 32 bits.
64. When you have to go to the bathroom, but you wait until bladder
meltdown, since "goto" is bad programming style.
65. When you convince yourself that Tetris really does improve
66. When the radio traffic reporter talks about a backup caused by a
crash, and you correct him that a backup is good protection in
case of a crash.
67. When floppy drive applies more to your love life, and hard drive
to your machines.
68. When you call "*.*" star-dot-star.
69. When you can do hexadecimal arithmatic in your head.
70. When your wife goes to the market for some macintosh apples, and
you correct her, "No, dear, it's 'Apple Macintoshes'."
71. When your wife says "IF you don't turn off that damn machine and
come to bed, THEN I am going to divorce you!", and you chastise
her for for omitting the ELSE clause.
Put Random List on Your Page!
To have the Random List Include displayed on your page, just copy the code below and paste it into your webpage's HTML. The random list excerpt will appear automatically, different everytime your page is viewed:
And this is how this is how the result will look like - box not included :-) (register to be able to add border, change text color and background color of your RandList)